First trip? Be sure to visit our answers to your questions below!
- Dead bait, fishing license, tackle, ice, cleaning and bagging of fish. The captain works very hard to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable trip, 20 percent gratuity is customary.
- If you would like to do a hook & cook, we would be happy to make you a separate bag to take to one of the restaurants on the harbor who provides that service.
- If live bait is needed there are two ways to get them; catch them with bait rigs or you the customer buys the bait from the live bait boat. (Typically $20 for a 4 hour trip)
- Buying live bait is the best and fastest way to get out to the fishing ground, catching bait can take up to an hour or more.
Our rates are for up to 6 people. With larger groups, our team can set up additional boats. For additional boats, book as far out as possible to ensure other boats will be available.
Please note: All Fishing Charters are Private Charters, no mixed group charters offered.
We are located at:
214 Harbor Blvd Dock #3
Destin, Florida 32541
Click link for directions: Google Maps
- Whatever you would like to eat or drink during the trip along with any personal idem such as; sunglasses, hats, cameras, jacket or rain gear depending on the weather and time of year.
- Beer is fine to bring but please no glass bottles and no hard liquor.
- Sunscreen (try to use spray at the dock before boarding the vessel, spray sunscreen can make the deck very slick)
- Service dogs are welcome
- Any kind of gps devices are not allowed on the vessel
- No illegal drugs
It depends on the type of trip would like to book. For example, On inshore trips we target speckled trout and redfish. But depending on the time of the year or your preferences we will also catch Bluefish, Spanish Mackerel, King Mackerel, Flounder, Sheepshead, Pompano, Tarpon, Cobia, Black Drum, Sharks, and some Trash Fish that sometimes sneak in.
On offshore trips we typically target: Amberjack, Sharks, Triggerfish, Red Snapper, Black Snapper, Grouper, and more! Just let us know your preferences.
Most of the fish we catch are very tasty and are delicious grilled or fried. We have a partner down on the docks that is happy to cook your catch after your trip as well. Go see Eddie at Harbor Docks and his crew will hook you up!
- The fish still bite in the rain, they are already wet. If there’s a little rain then we still go, there are two things we don’t like, that’s lightning and high winds.
- If there is inclement weather the day of your trip then the captain will discuss all options with you at the dock and will make the decision together about postponements or cancellations of the trip. Safety is first priority.
Yes. It can get chilly along the panhandle during the winter months but the fishing doesn’t slow down at all.
Always prepare for cooler weather than expected. You can always shed layers, there is plenty of storage space in the boat.
We take credit cards and cash. Booking in advance on the website is the best way to ensure the day you want.
Yes, your Captain works very hard to ensure you have a great time. 15-20 % is customary.
Some of the best memories we have are catching our first fish with our families and we want to help other families make the same memories. There is no age limit at boggy bayou, children of all ages are welcome, the only deciding factor about children or elderly would be the weather and that can be discussed before the trip.
- There is a 72 hour cancellation policy, if you cancel out side the 72 hours you will not be charged but if you cancel inside the 72 hours you will be charged half the trip amount unless we can rebook you.
- If you "no call" - "no show" on the day of your trip you will be charged the full amount
- If the captain cancels the trip due to weather or any other extraordinary circumstances you will not be charged or you will be found another boat to fish on.